Tulsa Car Accident lawyer
Proven Trial-Tested Claim Representation
You were just in a car accident in Tulsa or somewhere else in Oklahoma and now you have a lot of questions. We understand what you are going through and we are here to help you get through this ordeal.
The most important thing to think about after you were in a car accident is your personal well-being. Seek medical attention immediately if you have sustained any injuries. Keep all records of hospital or doctor visits, all receipts for co-pays, and keep track of mileage as well as any work you may have missed. Make sure to contact a dedicated Tulsa car accident attorney for help through each step of the claim.
We offer personalized, hands-on guidance for each claim. Call The Law Office of Michael R. Green, PLLC at (918) 201-1810 today.
Do I Need a Car Accident Lawyer in Tulsa?
Many people think that they don’t need the help of car accident attorney. This couldn’t be further from the truth. Studies have shown that people who hire an injury attorney to protect their rights after an accident receive much larger settlement amounts than those who choose to defend themselves against insurance companies.
Oklahoma Car Accident Statistics
Some 2017 statistics regarding car accidents in Oklahoma as reported by the Oklahoma Highway Safety Office (OHSO):
- 71,415 crashes were recorded statewide in 2017, resulting in 657 fatalities and 33,128 injuries.
- Crashes occurred at a rate of 196 per day, with 1.33 fatalities per 100 millions miles traveled.
- More crashes occurred on Friday than any other day of the week in 2017.
- 1,372 total crashes were recorded in Tulsa alone in 2017, resulting in 4,914 injuries and 69 fatalities.
- 171 motor vehicle fatalities in 2017 were alcohol-related.
- Unsafe speed was attributed to 127 fatalities and 4,769 injuries in 2017.
Don’t Handle Complicated Claims on Your Own
There are many different aspects involved in an auto accident claim, including medical bills, insurance companies, drivers, witnesses, and police reports. Unless you have years of experience handling auto accident claims, these can be very confusing, and they can prevent you from the pitfalls that may keep you from recovering the compensation you deserve and need.
A car accident attorney from our firm will work with you to determine what losses you have suffered, how to prove fault of the other driver, and what compensation you deserve.
Innocent people are injured in a car accident each day in Oklahoma and the results can change your life forever.
If you have been injured in a car accident, there are many different losses that you may have to face, including:
Pain and Suffering
Future Lost Wages
Future Medical Bills
Loss of Enjoyment of Life
What to Do After a Car Accident
If you have been involved in a car accident, make sure you do the following:
- Stop at the scene and provide assistance to any injured parties
- Call the police and report the accident
- Exchange insurance information with all involved parties
- Take detailed photos of all damage and injuries
- Get the contact information of all witnesses
- Avoid admitting fault and do not say you are not injured if you are unsure
- Contact your insurance company and report the crash
- Seek medical attention after the crash, even if you feel fine
- Contact an attorney and discuss your legal options
Common Causes of Car Accidents
Car accidents are caused by a wide range of factors, though most collisions involve some form of driver negligence. Our attorneys can review the evidence surrounding your crash including police reports, witness testimonies, and vehicle "black box" data to identify the exact cause of your collision.
The most frequent causes of car accidents in Tulsa include:
- Distracted driving
- Falling asleep at the wheel
- Drunk driving
- Reckless driving
- Tailgating / following too closely
- Ignoring traffic signals and signs
How Long Do I Have to File a Claim?
Under Oklahoma Statutes section 12-95, car accident injury victims have up to two years from the date of their collision to take legal action. If this deadline passes, you may lose your ability to pursue compensation for any damages stemming from your collision. Since memories can fade and key evidence can be lost with time, it is important you speak with an attorney as soon as possible after your crash to protect your rights and maximize your chances of having a successful claim.
Results Matter to Us. Call for a Free Consultation.
The bottom line is that after a car accident, it becomes you against the insurance company. They have a team of professionals protecting their rights, shouldn’t you have a legal team protecting yours? Insurance companies operate under the guise of "helping you" as they offer you as little as possible because it cuts their losses. Don’t settle for what the insurance company is offering, get the compensation you deserve.
Our experienced car accident attorney can handle your claim in the following ways:
Speaking with insurance companies and insurance adjusters so that you recover the compensation for both your economic and non-economic losses.
We have a team of accident reconstruction experts to help prove fault in your accident.
We have the resources available to fight your case against even the largest insurance companies.
We are there for our clients every step of the way and we will explain everything so that you understand what decisions you are making about your case.